Sunday, January 17, 2010

499,684 minutes...

... Thats how long it's been since I last posted, at the start of composing this. Dosen't quite have the same ring to it as the Rent song huh?

I'm posting because it's a new year. People are supposed to start new things and try and better themselves, so I think this is a great time to try and return to Blogging. It seems to e that many blogs have fallen to the wayside recently in Artichokeland, and I miss reading what's going on, especally now that i'm back in England. (Incidentally, I was trying to find the English equivilant of Stateside... any ideas?)

Also, Paint Radio is back, so I have to keep up!

So, here's the situation, I'm back in England due to lack of funds for American schooling. It's bittersweet really. I get to be all English again, but I miss my American life. I knew after my first summer in America that it was going to be a massive part of my life, but I dont think I ever knew the scope it would have. Let me share a few revelations I have had over the past few months.

- I have spent my entire adult life thus far in America, only coming back to England when necessary.

- Due to me moving so often, pretty much everything I own can be carried with me. I don't see this as a bad thing.

- I have two fully fleshed out lives. They're as different as night and day. The worst part is that I can sense a third one developing.

I recently went back to Michigan after being away for about 4 months or so. The experience was... invigorating to say the least. Being back was amazing, and showed me not only what I was missing by being away, but also who. I was overwhelmed with how many people wanted me around, and the lengths they were willing to go to to keep me around! As much as it will hurt people in England to hear this, Michigan feels like home for me. I got off the plane and everything felt right y'know?

One thing that is really bothering me is the issues of immigration. Why on earth can't a (mostly) honest, hardworking (Sometimes), tax paying (Yep) and frankly all around nice guy not just decide to move and be able to? I'm not going to sign up for welfare, i'm not going to do anything illegle or anything like that. It just seems wrong, when who knows how many people claim asylum every day. But never fear, in true Jamie the Great spirit, I have a few plans being put into motion to ensure my return. Watch this space.

On that note, I'll leave you with a quote from John D Rockafeller.

“If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.”

Keep it safe kiddies.

Jamie
Veg
Dunch

3 comments:

Matt said...

I've spent my entire adult life here too. Yet, still feel completely Australian, which is an interesting conversation waiting to happen.

Jamie said...

Don't get me wrong, I still consider myself English. It just feels like I should be over there rather than over here.

You think you'll get the urge to move back?

Matt said...

I am currently having the urge to move back actually...