Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Easy listening... Kinda

Hey all!

So, i've been trying to think of something to post, to keep you all in the loop as to whats going on with me, however, my life is fairly boring right now. I'm just trying to stay busy. I've picked up some extra hours at work and i'm staying at school later in the day, doing homework or reading. I guess you could say i'm more productive, but really... It's just to keep my mind off everything.

Tonight was fun though, Kat and a few of her friends came over and we all watched Hot Fuzz. Great film! It was nice to just sit and laugh with friends for a while!

So anyways, instead of a "Real" update, i'm going to link some music therapy for you all to enjoy! These are just some of the songs i'm enjoying to try andhelp me through this all. Please don't read too much into the message of the song, unless I specify!

note: Those of you reading this on Facebook (I had forgetten this was linked) may want to check the actual blog site, www.jamie-veg.blogspot.com. Not only do you get to hear the songs, but you also give me more traffic! ^_^)

So, on with the songs. If you only listen to one, make it the last one. But I recommend all of them.

This is a lovely song. Again, don't read too much into it.

New Found Glory - Hold my hand.



This is also a great song that you shouldn't read too much into. Classic late night/feeling blue song.

Oasis - Half the world away.



I have recently started to LOVE Reel Big Fish! They have a new album out that is exclusively covers. This song is (for me) a great feeling down song.

Reel Big Fish - Drunk again.



Lastly (for now) a song that most of my English readers will be familiar with. I really need to buy their album, A grand don't come for free.

The streets - Dry your eyes mate



So there we go. A brief glimpse into my music taste at the moment. I really like music, and with the long bus rides every day, this is really helping me adjust.

What do you guys like in situations such as mine?

Keep it safe guys

Jamie
Veg
Đunch

"Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water-bath is to the body."
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

7 comments:

Jamie said...

So I was just reviewing this post. In my opinion, the best thing to do is start the song and minimize the window. Some of the videos can be irritating.

Matt said...

You're asking us to NOT read anything into the fact that you've posted a bunch of sad and/or melancholy songs, right?

Jamie said...

Sort of. I'm asking you to not read too much into the lyrics! Some things like "I would like to leave this city" or "Now, I'm drunk again, the means to my end".

I also have no plans to leave this planet!

Anonymous said...

You better not. You still have to fix your phone.

Seriously man....get on that!

btw, love the songs. They definately match my mood.

Kit Bennett said...

dry yours eyes mate is one of my favorite songs, very heartfelt and to the point....

James said...

I haven't listened to Reel Big Fish in a long time, very good song though. First time I heard 'dry your eyes mate' but i really liked it. Good songs.

Kal El said...

Are Gallagher and Kit being....dare I say it....blue?!?