Friday, March 14, 2008

Holy super-dorkiness Batman!

So, you know how I'm a dork right? Well, it just so happens that my two roommates are too. And so is Adam, creator of "The fortress of solitude" blog. We also all love Halo 3, have huge egos and have often argued about which one of is has "teh l33te5t skillz"...

So we made up a tournament! One single match is not enough to prove which one of us is the best, and nor is one game type. So we designed "Halo Wars". A multi-round tournament to decide which one of us is the best Halo player!

Here are the combatants!



From left to right, then back :

Armor: Orange & White
Name: Kit
Gamertag: Kit Smash
Favorite weapon: Spartan Laser

Armor: White & Red
Name: Jamie
Gamertag: Sir Dunch
Favorite weapon: Sniper Rifle

Armor: Blue
Name: Kessel
Gamertag: Rufus Schrute
Favorite weapon: Sticky Grenades

Armor: Blue & Red
Name: Adam
Gamertag: Oh Eh
Favorite weapon: Turret gun

So these are the brave warriors who fought to the death in the first two rounds of the competition which were played two nights ago. The prize for winning? Bragging rights for ever. The penalty for coming last place each round? Public Humiliation, wearing a ghastly combination of Hot pink and Baby pink armor, and changing the character's voice to female.

What follows are some highlights of the tournament. (Click on any picture for a full-sized version. Trust me, they look better that way) (Also, I shall be referring to people as their Gamertags)

Below: Rufus, being the master of sticky grenades that he is, delivers an amazing insult kill to Oh Eh, sticking him right in the forehead.


Below: Kit Smash loves to charge in, full throttle with high-power weapons. Here he is destroying a Ghost(Vehicle) that someone was riding at the time.


Below: Sir Dunch throws a sticky straight into Kit smash, a blind throw from around the corner, perfectly timed. No-one interrupts his sniping.


Below: Oh Eh wipes out everyone aside from himself, with less than four seconds in between each kill, Earning him the Triple Kill medal!


Rufus Schrute lost the first round, and thus, had to wear pink until a new loser was crowned! Here he is in his spiffy new outfit!



So that is each individual person's highlight, now some more general pictures from the matches.
Below: Sir Dunch snipes Oh Eh from the other side of the map


Below: A reverse of the previous


Below: This picture captures Exactly why Kit plays an Elite. "Rarragagagagghhh!"


Below: Oh Eh cleanses the foreign devils Sir Dunch and Kit Smash with some Holy 'Merican fire.


We managed to play two rounds that night, Rufus lost the first one, and Kit smash lost the second, here is Kit smash sporting his new armor. Looks fun huh?


Anyways, I've typed and uploaded enough for one session! I'll try and wrangle the official stats and graphs from Rufus as soon as I can, but in the mean time, enjoy the pictures!

Jamie
Veg
Banana
Dunch

"Dunch, when did you get good?" - Kit smash







P.s. I guess i should mention that Oh-Eh won overall, I was second, Kit smash and Rufus Schrute were battling for last.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I just checked, and when you click on the pictures, it brings up a high-res version, perfect for wallpapers or screensavers! Enjoy!

Dunch

Matt said...

Why is Rufus breakdancing in his pink armour? Was he that excited?

And I guess I get no prize for guessing that this post would be about Halo when the subject included Dork.

Kal El said...

HAHAH, I've never felt like such a dork in my entire life. Here are the official scores since just saying I'm winning isn't enough, I want people to see that I am dominating...

Rufus Schrute-171
Kit Smash-176
Sir Dunch-204
Oh Eh-232

...that's called domination, Bra.

MLA said...

You guys are ridiculous. The next time I'm in A2 remind me to bring my 11-year-old brother, I think he'd give you a run for your money at Halo.